First Fil-Am on Jacksonville, Florida council credits Pinoy roots for drive to serve others


 
A Filipino-American politician is an inspiration to many Filipinos in America after she won a seat on the City Council of Jacksonville, Florida, the first Filipino-American woman to ever do so.
 
Anna Lopez Brosche is now listed as one of the very few Filipino-American women who got their chance to take part and be elected to a position in US politics.
 
Despite being brought up in the US for most of her life, Brosche spent a significant part of her childhood in Hagonoy, Bulacan, where her father, who is a former member of the US Navy is from.
 
Brosche attributes her work ethic and her inclination for public service to her Filipino roots.
 
“I always remember my roots of coming from a family of not having very much and working very hard to become who I am, and to always be thinking of others and serving others. I really attribute that to all that I learned, all the values I gained growing up as a child,” she said.
 
Brosche added, “I always relied on my faith that I was doing the right thing, and I have all the skills I need to be successful.”
 
Despite being a Republican, the city councilor said she admires former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who is one of the potential presidential candidates of the Democrats. 
 
“It takes a lot of courage to run for any office and so I applaud her long-term commitment to public service,” she said.  Bianca Rose Dabu/JDS, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

UP Diliman Professors Share Scientists’ Procurement Struggles at Senate Hearing

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN