Tuesday, September 1, 2015

DFA: No word yet if Pinoys among casualties in Saudi oil company fire

The Department of Foreign Affairs on Monday said it has yet to receive information on whether there were Filipinos caught in the fire in an oil workers' residential compound in Saudi Arabia, where 10 people were killed.

In a text message to GMA News Online, DFA spokesman Charles Jose said, "Our Embassy in Riyadh has so far not received report of any Filipino injured or killed in the (Saudi) Aramco fire."

Earlier, however, the Philippine Ambassador had gone onsite to personally check on the situation there.

Reuters report on Sunday said the Saudi national oil company did not identify the nationalities of those killed from the fire.

However, the Civil Defence agency there said among those killed were three canadians of Asian origins, a Pakistani, and a Nigerian woman.

It also said in a new statement that 259 people were injured in the fire. Aramco, however, said only 83 were hurt. Rose-An Jessica Dioquino/KBK, GMA News 

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget