Duterte vows to fix papers of undocumented OFWs in Jordan


Published September 7, 2018 10:14pm 
By LLANESCA T. PANTI, GMA News

President Rodrigo Duterte has promised to fix the papers of the undocumented Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Jordan.
“Thank you to King Abdullah [II] for inviting me, for being kind to my people. I will try to find a solution itong sa mga undocumented Filipinos. I hope to work on it right away. Andito man si Alan,” Duterte said, referring to Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Cayetano, in a speech before the Filipino community in Jordan.
“I am here to make a historic visit in the Kingdom of Jordan. King Abdullah is a very good guy. Sinsero talaga siya. He is a man of his words. I have all praises for him. Kaya 'yung mga undocumented rito, I will send Secretary Cayetano [back] to fix this thing,” Duterte added.
The President is expected to be back in the country tomorrow after he cut his Jordan visit short. The Palace was unclear as to why the trip was cut short.
The Philippines and Jordanian firms earlier inked $60.675 million worth of deals during President Duterte’s visit to the Arab country on top of government-to-government agreements on labor, foreign affairs, and trade that are expected to create 534 jobs.
Based on International Labor Organization records, there are at least 300,000 Filipino workers in Jordan as of 2016. — BAP, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kuwait continues to seek stronger relations with world ---KUNA

Kuwait slams silence on Zionist crimes ---KUNA

Gazan buried as only known victim of Iran’s strikes on Zionist entity --- Agencies