Filipino nurses and dentists in Saudi Arabia have organized themselves to help distressed overseas Filipino workers in the kingdom.
According to a news release of the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh, the new chapters of nurses and dentists associations that were formed were:
• the Philippine Nurses Association-Eastern Region, Saudi Arabia (PNA-ERSA) Chapter, and
• the Filipino Dentists in KSA (FDK).
Citing a letter of PNA-ERSA founding president Mary Jane Tupas, the embassy said the nurses association intends to:
• establish links with government institutions to assist distressed Filipinos;
• promote continuing education among its members, and
• promote health and wellness among Filipinos in the Kingdom.
Earlier, the Philippine Nurses Association chapter in Jeddah was also organized with Zeny Concepcion as the founding president.
On the other hand, according to FDK president Dr. Lourdres Madayag, their group’s objectives include:
• promoting fellowship and camaraderie among its members;
• organizing community dental service and dental awareness;
• enhancing relationship between Philippine Dental Association and Saudi Dental Society, and
• providing continuing dental education among its members.
Meanwhile, the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh renewed its support for Filipino professional organizations in the Kingdom, which include chapters of:
• Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers (PSME)
• Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers (IIEE)
• Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
• Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE), and
• Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines.
- VVP, GMA News