Nepalese faces UAE court for molesting Pinay for a year

A Nepalese cook faced a United Arab Emirates court this week on charges he sexually molested his Filipina co-worker for a year.

The Filipina, 22, told the court the 33-year-old cook had harassed her for a year in her new job, UAE-based news site Gulf News reported Friday.

“One day he came to the reception area where I work, and he spoke to me sweetly. Then he groped my bum, but I pushed him away and asked him to stop,” the Gulf News report quoted her as saying.

Prosecutors said the cook would sexually molest the Filipina by groping her backside.

However, the cook denied the charge when he faced the Dubai Court of First Instance.

A verdict will be heard on February 25.

According to the Filipina, the incident occurred in the restaurant along Shaikh Zayed Road, where she works.

The Filipina said that since she started work, the cook had "constantly harassed me verbally."

She said he used to stalk her every chance he had, and claimed he loved her. She said he tried to ask her to become his girlfriend "but I always rejected his proposal."

"One day he grabbed my bum and I immediately scolded him and asked him not to do that. He apologized and promised that it was the last time ... but he continued harassing me," she said.

She cited an incident where the cook came out from the kitchen and stood at the reception area.

When she put a piece of paper in her back pocket, he put his hand in the same pocket.

"He groped my backside for a few seconds until I turned back and slapped his arm strongly. I was infuriated with his non-stop harassment and verbal aggravation. I called my father and told him what happened before I reported to the police,” said the Filipina. — LBG, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN

In Cairo, senior Hamas officials discuss hostage deal with Egyptian intelligence chief ---By TOI STAFF, AGENCIES and LAZAR BERMAN