Before UAE court, Emirati proposes to Pinay maid he impregnated

A man proposed to a Filipina maid he impregnated seven months ago, as they faced a misdemeanor court in the United Arab Emirates Wednesday.

The unemployed man and the maid had admitted to having sex in the man’s carm according to a report on UAE-based news site Gulf News on Thursday.

“I want to marry her. She is carrying my son... I want to propose and give her some money for her personal expenditure,” the Emirati, 37, told the court before giving the Filipina Dh200 (roughly P2,400)

During the court appearance, the Emirati sought permission from presiding judge Jamal Al Jubaily to propose to the Filipina.

For her part, the Filipina, 29, nodded and agreed to marry her lover after Presiding judge Al Jubaily asked the court translator to ask her if she agreed to marry the man.

Judge Al Jubaily will hand out a ruling on December 29.

The couple had been accused of having consensual sex, while the Filipina was also charged for working for another sponsor without permission.

Authorities arrested the couple last October 30 during an early morning raid on the man’s home. At the time, police acted on a tip the man was involved in a kidnap and theft.

Police in the raid then discovered the Filipina had been staying with him. The couple then admitted they were living as man and wife.

According to the Filipina, she met the Emirati earlier this year and they became lovers.

"We had sex a number of times in his car at Jumeirah beach. I worked for an Emirati family around two years before my countrywoman helped me abscond. Then I worked for some people in Jumeirah for Dh1,500 until I met the man,” she said.

Also, the Emirati asked the police to treat the woman as his wife because she was carrying his child.

“I do not recall how many times we slept together but I want her to become my wife since she is carrying my son. I slept with her at a rented flat and sometimes at my brother’s flat,” he said.

The Gulf News report said the couple may get a suspended or reduced punishment if they get married ahead of the Dec. 29 judgement.

But the Filipina will still be deported if she is convicted and even if she marries the Emirati.

Citing the UAE Penal Code, the Gulf News report noted deportation is obligatory in sex-related crimes.— LBG, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

UP Diliman Professors Share Scientists’ Procurement Struggles at Senate Hearing

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN