Pinay in UAE offers reward for 'remains' of daughter missing during Yolanda

A Filipina in the United Arab Emirates is offering a reward for information leading to the remains of her nine-year-old daughter, who she fears had died during the onslaught of super typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan).

Jella Yu, 34, a documentation controller in an oil and gas firm in Abu Dhabi, is offering P20,000 pesos (Dh1,662) to find the body of Kasandra Mae Yu Villanueva, UAE-based news site Gulf News reported Thursday.

“I want a closure though sometimes I have hopes she may be found alive. I have to find her body to be sure that my daughter will rest in peace in heaven,” Yu, whose family is based in Tacloban City, said in an interview with Gulf News XPRESS.

The remains of Yu's younger daughter Shamel Anne, 8, had been found almost immediately in the wake of Yolanda, which left more than 6,000 dead.

Kasandra and Shamel were under the care of Yu's 67-year-old mother and her elder sister Jenny.

Yu said posters had been distributed in Tacloban City, with photos of the missing daughter.

“I just hope the money will work as an incentive and prompt people to search for her,” she said.

On the other hand, Yu's sister Naicy, 45, lost both daughters aged 21 and nine to Yolanda.

“I can only thank God that I brought three of my nine siblings to Abu Dhabi last year. If not, I would have lost more of my family,” she said.

"I have no reason to live. I do not know what God’s plans are for me. Nothing can fill the void left by my daughters,” she added.

Yu said she went to Tacloban City two days after the tragedy.

She said she bought groceries, clothes and medicines for her daughters, adding no one was willing to drive her to the place due to looting at the time. — LBG, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

In Cairo, senior Hamas officials discuss hostage deal with Egyptian intelligence chief ---By TOI STAFF, AGENCIES and LAZAR BERMAN

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN