2 Pinay nurses now own skincare clinic in Toronto

By Alvie Malicdem, ABS-CBN Canada

Posted at 07/10/2014 9:27 AM | Updated as of 07/10/2014 9:27 AM


CANADA– Two Filipina nurses are slowly making a name in the skincare industry after humble beginnings in Canada.
Sheryl Etzy Sindayen arrived in the country in 2007.
"I started working as a caregiver here in Canada and then after getting my open permit, I worked as a nurse. I went to school here as well in Centennial College and upgrading all my experiences as a nurse then I worked at a downtown Yorkville at a clinic, then I met Chanele," said Sindayen.
Chanele Ann Ganancial, meanwhile, landed as a sponsored immigrant in 2000. She worked in a factory, a call center and as a nursing home assistant while taking refresher courses for the registered nurse exams.
She got promoted to consultant, received training from plastic surgeons and conferences then managed a clinic until last year.
This year, the two established Modelo Cosmetic and Laser Skin Clinic in Toronto.
"Right now, we're very happy because for the past 9 years na being in this industry, 90% of our clients were non-Filipinos. Kaya ngayon, we need to reach out to the Filipino community to educate them," Ganancial said.
The two partnered with Dr. Mansour Bendago, a certified plastic surgeon, as their medical director.
The clinic offers cosmetic surgery as well as hair loss treatments, surgical and non-surgical procedures.
"I came to get the jaw reduction and the non-surgical nose job. The results are instant. I saw that my nose look lifted right away and within two weeks actually my jaw, it looks like I lost so much weight because of the effect. I love it!" said Michelle Bataclan, Miss Filtown 2014 and Modelo customer.
Modelo conducts free consultations and skin analyses to determine the best treatment for customers.
"Sa ating mga Filipino, we are prone to have skin tags and the flatworks. For that, what we offer is we do the cauterization because that's viral. Since it's already in our genes, pabalik-balik. We have to treat it," Ganancial said.
They also offer intense pulsed light or IPL for pigmentation or brown spots.
Pigmentation may re-occur especially with aging, hence Modelo advises on skin care maintenance.
They also introduced the first Filipino-developed skin care line Aranas Skin Solutions as their partner.
"My products specialize in anti-blemishes and anti-ageing. My prime objective is to erase the dark spots," said Gina Aranas, president and owner of Aranas Skin Solutions.
Currently, Modelo is actively involved in the community and continues to gain new clients as word spreads about them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

UP Diliman Professors Share Scientists’ Procurement Struggles at Senate Hearing

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN