The Philippine Embassy in Kuala Lumpur has commended several Malaysian companies for their outstanding work in protecting the welfare of their Filipino workers.
Bestowed with plaques of recognition on Wednesday at the Royale Chulan Hotel were:
- Resorts World Genting (Genting Malaysia Bhd)
- Boustead Heavy Industries Corp Bhd
- MMC Oil & Gas Sdn Bhd
- iTac MSC Outsourcing Sdn Bhd
- Jabil Circuit Sdn Bhd
- Infineon Technologies (Kulim) Sdn Bhd
- AIG Shared Services (M) Sdn Bhd
- Encora Technologies Sdn Bhd
- Renesas Semiconductor KL Sdn
- Schlumberger Business Support Hub Sdn Bhd
- KNM Process System Sdn Bhd
- Technip Geoproduction Sdn Bhd
- Sapura Kenchana HL Sdn Bhd
In a statement, the embassy said the companies were chosen for their clean track records on employee protection and welfare promotion, programs on employee welfare, and having no labor-related complaints.
Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz, who was in Kuala Lumpur for a visit, said the awards were part of the Philippines' incentives and rewards system for employers.
Philippine Ambassador to Malaysia J. Eduardo Malaya concurred, saying, "People are a nation’s best resource, and so it is with companies. Employees are a company’s best asset. Deal with them fairly, and they will give you back a hundred fold in terms of productivity and loyalty."
Malaya hoped that, in recognizing the efforts of these companies in safeguarding the rights of overseas Filipino workers, other companies would follow suit and give the same protection to their Filipino employees.
“Filipino workers around the world are well regarded because of their competence, hard work, English proficiency, and positive work ethic. We are glad that Malaysian companies have seen their exemplary value,” Malaya said. —Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News