Students, workers, and seafarers of legal age who will be out of the country on April 9 to May 9 next year are encouraged to sign up for overseas voting before leaving to enable them to vote in the 2016 national elections.
Interested parties may sign up at the following Overseas Voter Registration Centers (OVRCs) in the Philippines before their departure:
- Office of Consular Affairs, Macapagal Ave.,
- ASEANA Business Park, Parañaque
- Regional Consular Office Davao, 3rd Floor, SM City Davao, Quimpo Blvd., Ecoland, Brgy. Malina
- Regional Consular Office San Fernando, Pampanga, 2F Robinson’s Star Mill City
- Regional Consular Office Cebu, 4th Level, Pacific Mall-Metro Mandaue, UN Ave. cor. MC Briones St., Brgy. Estancia, Mandaue City
- Satellite Office at Robinson’s Galleria, Level 1 Lingkod Pinoy Center, EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave.
- Satellite Office at SM Manila, 5th Floor, SM City Manila, Conception St., Manila
- Satellite Office at Ali Mall, Level 2 Ali Mall Cubao, Quezon City
- Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave. cor. Osmeña Highway, Manila
- OWWA Training Center, Victoria cor. Solana Sts., Intramuros, Manila
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), Terminals 1, 2 and 3, Pasay City
- Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave., Mandaluyong
- Philippine Transmarine Carriers Inc., 4th Floor, First Maritime Place, 7458 Bagtikan Street, San Antonio Village, 1203 Makati City
- Marina, 5th and 6th Floor Parkview Plaza, Taft Avenue cor. T.M. Kalaw City of Manila
Filipinos already overseas may register at any foreign service posts (FSP) or use iRehistro, an alternative, online method of registering for the next presidential elections.
Under the system, Filipinos may schedule their appointments at the nearest foreign service post (FSP) by accomplishing a form at www.iRehistro.com or www.comelec.gov.ph.
They must then print out the form and submit it along with the following papers during their appointment:
- valid Philippine passport
- photocopy of Seaman's Book for seafarers
- the original or certified true copy of Order of Approval of application to retain or reaquire Filipino citizenship
- citizenship for dual citizens
The Overseas Voter Registration Center aims to raise the number of registered OFW voters to two million in 2016, more than double of the 975,263 registered for the 2013 polls. —Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News