Thursday, December 8, 2016

No Pinoys hurt in powerful Indonesia quake –DFA


No Filipinos were hurt in the a powerful earthquake that struck western Indonesia on Wednesday, according to initial reports received by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
"So far there are no reports of Filipinos as among the casualties in the aftermath of the earthquake in Indonesia," DFA spokesperson Charles Jose told GMA News Online via text.
An Agence France-Presse report, citing the Indonesian military, said the death toll in the earthquake has reached 97, as more bodies were pulled from the rubble of scores of shattered buildings.
The shallow 6.5-magnitude quake struck Pidie Jaya district in Aceh province at dawn as many in the mainly Muslim region on Sumatra island were preparing for morning prayers.
The death toll has steadily climbed as rescue crews search, often by hand, through the homes, mosques and shops reduced to ruins. Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News
 

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget