19 Filipinos injured in Italy road accident


Nineteen Filipinos were injured in a road accident involving a public transportation vehicle in Via Cassia, north of Rome last week, the Department of Foreign Affairs said Tuesday.
The Philippine embassy, according to the DFA, was able to identify and obtain the contact details of the Filipinos after the accident last Wednesday, Oct. 16.
No one was in critical condition, the DFA said.
The Filipinos, complaining of muscle trauma, received immediate medical attention.
Three of them sustained forehead wounds, and two had fractures on their shoulder and leg.
“According to doctors who evaluated the Filipinos, no one was critically injured,” the DFA said.
“The embassy will continue to coordinate with Italian authorities, as the conduct of investigation to determine the cause of the accident is still in progress.”
Philippine officials in Rome said they are ready to provide additional assistance to the Filipinos if needed. —VDS, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Africa roads are world’s deadliest despite few cars ---- AFP

The challenge of welcoming migrants and asylum seekers

Russia captures town after 2 years of Ukrainian resistance --- Reuters