Salesman faces UAE court for allegedly molesting Pinay

A Pakistani salesman faced a court in the United Arab Emirates this week over charges he molested a Filipina who was told her dress was too revealing.

The salesman described as “unfounded accusations" the claims that he molested the 31-year-old Filipina last November, UAE news site Gulf News reported.

“I did not molest her... I was measuring the dress on her figure when I mistakenly touched her,” he told presiding judge Mohammad Jamal when he entered a not guilty plea before the Dubai Court of First Instance last week.

The incident occurred at the Global Village in November, when the woman was stopped at the entrance to the entertainment-shopping venue.

At the time, the Pakistani salesman, 33, was accused of groping the Filipina while measuring her.

Investigation showed the Filipina was wearing a very short dress when security at the entrance asked her to buy a "decent" dress and cover her legs.

"I entered the nearest shop and asked the salesman to sell me a dress. While he was taking measurements, I felt that his fingers touched my top. I did not pay much attention because I thought that it happened by mistake. Then he lowered the dress to the lower part of my body when I felt that he touched me indecently for the second time. Immediately I slapped his shoulder and scolded him,” she said.

She then reported the matter to the police. Yet, the complainant's Filipina friend added the Pakistani smiled at them and claimed he did not do anything wrong.

Police officers at Global Village arrested the defendant immediately, and a ruling will be heard on March 11. — LBG, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN

In Cairo, senior Hamas officials discuss hostage deal with Egyptian intelligence chief ---By TOI STAFF, AGENCIES and LAZAR BERMAN