2 Pinoys get 1 month jail term in UAE for cross-dressing

Two Filipinos – a fashion designer and a tailor – were ordered jailed for a month for cross-dressing at a Dubai Metro station last March, a United Arab Emirates news site reported late Tuesday.

Both Filipinos were reportedly wearing women’s clothes, make-up and high heels, according to a report on UAE news site Gulf News.

Also, the Dubai Misdemeanors Court ordered the two deported once they serve their sentences.

However, the two Filipinos told the court they had been used to wearing women’s clothes since childhood. The two also sought leniency and asked to have the deportation order removed.

The two are subject to appear before the Appeal Court later this month.

Last March, a policeman caught the designer, 34, and tailor, 44, cross-dressing at Al Rigga Metro Station.

When questioned by police, one admitted walking side by side with his fellow Filipino beside the station while dressed in women’s clothes and high heels.

“I’ve been living in the UAE for seven years and work in a fashion design place. Police arrested me because I was dressed like a woman. I had jeans, a woman’s shirt and a bra... I had make-up on as well. I have been dressing like a woman since I was eight,” he told police interrogators.

The other Filipino said he had been working in the UAE since 1999.

“I’ve been used to wearing women’s outfit since I was ten. I was busted wearing a dress, bra and high heels,” he said, adding he used hormones so he would look like a woman.  Joel Locsin /LBG, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN

In Cairo, senior Hamas officials discuss hostage deal with Egyptian intelligence chief ---By TOI STAFF, AGENCIES and LAZAR BERMAN