Pinay in US honored for returning lost wallet


The money may have been gone, but the memories remain, and for Dr. Carol J. Pretlow it was enough to reward the Filipina who returned the purse she lost while commuting.

Marsha delos Santos-Brunswick, a former call-center agent in the Philippines, returned the Norfolk State University professor's purse after it was stolen during her commute at a train station.

According to a report on WTKR, Brunswick even had to be convinced to accept a nominal reward for her good deed.

"I was contacted by a wonderful woman who returned my purse. She didn't want to accept the minimal award I offered her. She actually had to be convinced to accept it," Pretlow said on WTKR's "People Taking Action" segment.

Pretlow took the opportunity to surprise Brunswick, contacting WTKR to feature the woman who returned her purse.

"You don't know how much that meant to me. My dad's picture was in there. That was the only picture I could carry around, and I call my parents my angel spirits, so that spirit meant something to me," Pretlow said.

Brunswick found the purse discarded near the station and searched through the bag for information. She Googled the ID found in the purse, and even commented on NSU's Facebook page to ask how she may contact Pretlow.

Aside from a free lunch, Brunswick received a "People Taking Action" award from the similarly-named segment and a $100 Visa gift card. Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN

In Cairo, senior Hamas officials discuss hostage deal with Egyptian intelligence chief ---By TOI STAFF, AGENCIES and LAZAR BERMAN