Monday, September 19, 2016

3 Pinoys killed in Saudi Arabia car accident

JEDDAH — Three Filipinos who were supposed to have a vacation in the United Arab Emirates were killed in a car accident in Al Batha in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia last week.
The victims — Jose Aninon Tiongco and his 10-year-old son Jaj Landez Taguding Tiongco and cousin Elsa Buctuan Mijares — died on the spot when their car rammed into another car last Friday. Jose's wife survived the accident.
Dennis Cabangahan, Jose's brother-in-law, told GMA News that they were supposed to meet each other in Al Batha before going to Abu Dhabi in the UAE to spend the long break caused by the Eid'l Adha holidays.
Cabangahan said they were exchanging text messages with the victims before the accident happened.
"Sa huling text message niya sa akin ay mga around 43 minutes daw at mararating na nila Jose ang lugar na aming magiging tagpuan pero lumagpas na ang isang oras ay wala pa rin sila," he said.
He said they sought police assistance after waiting in their meeting place for more than hour without receiving any message from the elder Tiongco.
Philippine Consul General Imelda Panolong has already been informed of the incident. She said preparations are ongoing to repatriate the remains of the victims to the Philippines. —Ronaldo Concha/KBK, GMA News

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget