View my complete profile
Monday, September 19, 2016
No Filipinos reported hurt so far in New York City blast —PHL official
No Filipinos were reported hurt so far in the New York City blast that injured at least 29 people.
"So far as of last night dito sa New York, wala naman hong Filipino na na-report na nasugatan,' Philippine Consulate General in New York City Mario Lopez de Leon told radio dzBB.
De Leon said that after news about the explosion reached his office, they immediately contacted Filipinos in Manhattan area to inquire if their relatives of friends had been reported hurt.
He said there were about 80,000 Filipinos living and working in New York City.
"Kami ho ay continuously nagmu-monitor kung sakaling may mga kababayan nga tayong napasama," he said.
De Leon also urged Filipinos in New York City to be more vigilant following the blast.
He said that based on initial information received by the Philippine consulate office, the explosion was caused by an explosive device.
He, however, said the New York City Police Department has yet to determine what type of explosive caused the blast.
City Mayor Bill de Blasio said there were indications that the blast was "an intentional act," but authorities have yet to find evidence that it was a terrorist attack.
—ALG, GMA News
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)
Kapisanan ng Kamag-Anak At Migranteng Manggagawang Pilipino, Inc.