Indian technician jailed 6 months for molesting Pinay receptionist in UAE

An Indian technician was sentenced Sunday to six months in jail in the United Arab Emirates for allegedly molesting a Filipina gym receptionist there last November.
 
While the Indian admitted he opened the Filipina's jacket, he insisted he was merely trying to read the label, UAE news site Gulf News reported.
 
The Gulf News report said that despite the Indian's defense, presiding judge Mohammad Jamal handed down the jail sentence - and ordered him deported once he completes his jail term.
 
The ruling is subject to appeal within 15 days, the report added.
 
Investigation showed the Indian cooling systems technician, 26, was doing maintenance work at the gym when he groped the Filipina receptionist.
 
“I am at fault. I only touched her back when I tried to remove her jacket to read the label and know what brand she wore,” he claimed.
 
The Filipina, 26, said the technician was called in after the cooling system did not seem to be working in the gym's fitting room.
 
She said the Indian and two of his co-workers arrived, and the suspect asked her about the control board while his co-workers waited at the reception area.
 
"I accompanied the defendant to the jacuzzi room where the board was placed. He drew his shoulder very close to mine. He gazed at me strangely. I felt scared and stayed far from him. Then he asked my name and quickly came towards me and pulled my jacket… he wanted to read the label," the Filipina was quoted as saying in the Gulf News report.
 
She said she moved away as she was scared, and asked him not to touch her.
 
"While he was talking about the cooling system, he took me by surprise and pressed his palm to my cheek. I scolded him and warned him to stay away. Instead, he came towards me and opened his arms, wanting to hug and kiss me. I pushed him away and left. He walked behind me and touched my neck and back and smiled at me,” the Filipina said.  Joel Locsin/RSJ, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

UP Diliman Professors Share Scientists’ Procurement Struggles at Senate Hearing

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN