Monday, November 16, 2015

No Filipinos reported hurt in Paris attacks - DFA

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Saturday morning said that no Filipinos have been reported affected by the terrorist attacks in Paris.
 
"So far there are no reports of Filipinos affected by the incident in Paris..." DFA spokesperson Charles Jose said in a text message to GMA News.
 
Jose said that the Philippine Embassy in Paris is closely monitoring the situation "and stand ready to extend assistance to Filipinos who may need it."
 
Philippine Vice Consul in Paris Andre Estanislao said those who have relatives in France's capital may contact phone numbers  00-33-620-5925-15.
There are around 48,000 Filipinos in France, according to a 2013 data by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas, while more than 10 million are scattered across the globe, making them vulnerable to security threats, calamities and domestic conflicts in their host countries.
Gunmen and bombers attacked a concert hall, bars and restaurants around Paris on late Friday (early Saturday in Manila), leaving at least 40 people dead and 60  more injured.
French President Francois Hollande ordered all borders in France closed.
 
Hollande, describing the shootings and bombings around Paris as an unprecedented terrorist attack, has declared a state of emergency.
 
A lockdown has been ordered around Paris, following the attacks, to  keep residents inside their homes as law enforcers responded to the attacks. Michaela del Callar/ALG, GMA News

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget