Tuesday, November 17, 2015

OFW victim of ‘laglag bala’ scheme loses job in HK

The 56-year-old overseas Filipino worker prevented from leaving for Hong Kong after a bullet was found in her luggage at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) last month has lost her job.
 
A report on GMA News' "Balitanghali" on Sunday said Gloria Ortinez found out that she lost her job upon her arrival at the Hong Kong International Airport on Saturday.
 
Ortinez was informed by immigration officials that she has been terminated from her job because she failed to arrive in Hong Kong on the date she specified in her papers.
 
Ortinez was apprehended last October 25 at the NAIA after airport authorities found a bullet in her bag.
 
She maintained her innocence even after she was detained over her failure to post a P80,000 bail on charges of illegal possession of ammunition filed against her by the airport police.
 
The Pasay City Prosecutor's Office eventually ordered Ortinez’s release, while the Department of Justice last week junked the charges filed against her due to lack of probable cause.
 
Officials of the Department of Labor and Employment said they are hoping to talk to Ortinez’s employer to persuade her to accept the OFW back as a domestic helper. Xianne Arcangel/ALG, GMA News

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget