Marcos to formally ask Comelec why his OAV votes going to Gringo
Vice presidential candidate Sen. Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Thursday said his lawyers are preparing a complaint to be filed before the Commission on Elections (Comelec) over the issue of discrepancies in vote receipts during the Overseas Absentee Voting (OAV).
“We are in the process of collating all complaints, all data in preparation for the filing of a complaint before the Comelec regarding the controversy. We will exert all efforts to get to the bottom of this,” Marcos said in a statement.
Marcos issued the statement amid the reported incidence of discrepancies between actual votes on the ballot and the printed voters’ receipts during the ongoing Overseas Absentee Voting (OAV) particularly in Hong Kong, Dubai, Kuwait and Japan.
In an earlier statement, Marcos claimed that based on the reports reaching his office, the votes that were supposed to be credited to him were being credited in the receipts to fellow vice presidential candidate Sen. Gregorio “Gringo” Honasan.
In his latest statement, Marcos said a similar incident also occurred recently in California in the United States.
"When the voter in California complained to the election officers, he was scolded by the Board of Elections Inspectors (BEIs) who ordered him to just go home. The BEI even allegedly tore his vote," Marcos said.
"What is disturbing is that I am the only one losing votes!" he added.
Marcos had earlier called on the Comelec to issue an explanation over the alleged incidence of discrepancies during the OAV as well as definite guidelines on what the voters should do in case they encounter discrepancy problems. — APG, GMA News