Pinoy cook who cried rape convicted of prostitution in UAE
A Filipino cook who was assaulted by two jobless men late last year in the United Arab Emirates found himself convicted for prostitution by the the Dubai Court of First Instance, a report on Gulf News said Wednesday.
The report said the 29-year-old Filipino male, identified only as KE, will be deported after a six-month stay in jail.
The report said the Filipino, in November last year, agreed to have paid sex with the two Emirati men in a villa in Al Barsha, after which he was punched and knocked unconscious by one of them who also stole his cash and mobile phone.
The two Emiratis are already serving their six-month sentences for the assault.
A police officer testified before the court that the Filipino first reported to them that he was attacked in the street, dragged into a vehicle, and taken to a villa by the suspects, who then raped him.
A police corporal said the Filipino later admitted that he knew the defendants and had had paid sex with them.
The Filipino cook may appeal the court's decision within the next 15 days, the report said. —Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News