Monday, August 22, 2016

13 stranded OFWs repatriated from Saudi Arabia

Thirteen of the thousands of stranded overseas Filipino workers (OFW) after losing their jobs in Saudi Arabia returned home on Saturday night.
The 13 OFWs arrived on an Etihad Airline flight at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1 at around 11:25 p.m.
All of the OFWs were relieved that they have returned to the Philippines after losing their jobs in Saudi Arabia.
Rex Ylagan, who worked as a carpenter in Saudi Arabia, said he was not able to buy "pasalubong" for his family because he had been jobless for several weeks.
He said he was grateful for the free flight back to the Philippines.
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud had pledged to provide free flights back for the thousands of jobless OFWs.
The Overseas workers' Welfare Administration said that at least 9,000 OFWs were displaced in Saudi Arabia.
Bello brought with him President Rodrigo Duterte's letter to the Saudi king.
Duterte thanked the Saudi king for extending assistance to the stranded OFWs. —ALG, GMA News

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget