UAE court tackles case vs. guard accused of molesting Pinay maid

A United Arab Emirates court on Tuesday heard a case against a Pakistani security guard accused of molesting a Filipina household helper last April.

The guard, 33, was accused of hugging and kissing the housemaid inside her sponsor’s villa after he asked her for a glass of water, UAE news site Gulf News reported.

But the suspect was not brought before the Dubai Court of First Instance where he was to enter his plea, the report said.

Prosecutors charged the guard with hugging and kissing the maid and touching the Filipina indecently.

According to the Filipina, the suspect went to her sponsor’s house in Al Barsha supposedly to check the garden. She said he claimed to work for the management of the gated community where her sponsor lives.

When he finished inspecting the garden, he asked for a glass of water, but then started asking the Filipina "personal questions."

She said the suspect then remarked it was hot inside the house, and she told him the cooling system was not working properly.

"When he asked me to show him the broken down cooling unit, I took him to check the one in my bedroom. Then I went back to the kitchen to continue the house chores… suddenly he came from behind and hugged me. I pushed him away and asked him to stop. He chased me and hugged and kissed me again," she said.

The Filipina said she "continuously pushed him away and cried and begged him to leave me," but he insisted on kissing her until she warned him her sponsor was about to come home.

It was then that he rushed out, the Filipina said.

Meanwhile, the Filipina's British sponsor told prosecutors she found the Filipina scared and in tears.

“When I asked her what had happened, she cried even more. Then she told me the defendant had molested her. I called the police immediately,” she added.

A policeman said the suspect admitted during questioning that he kissed the maid but ran away when he heard a car horn nearby.  Joel Locsin/LBG, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

UP Diliman Professors Share Scientists’ Procurement Struggles at Senate Hearing

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN