Wednesday, June 15, 2016

DFA yet to monitor Filipino casualty in Orlando shooting

The Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. has yet to monitor any Filipino casualty in the shooting incident that killed at least 50 at an Orlando, Florida night club over the weekend.
Charles Jose, the spokesman of the Department of Foreign Affairs, said the authorities in Orlando had yet to release any information on the shooting, including the names of those killed.
"So far, there are no reports of Filipinos among casualties in the Orlando shooting," Jose said.
"According to our embassy in Washington DC, our honorary consul in Orlando said that authorities there have not released any information including names of casualties but our embassy in DC continues to coordinate with Orlando authorities as well as Filipinos there to gather more information," he added.
Jose said the agency would issue the appropriate advisory to Filipinos in the area as more developments come in.
The suspect identified as Omar Mateen opened fire in the gay pride celebration while pledging his loyalty to the Islamic State in what is considered as the deadliest mass shooting in US history.
President Barack Obama called the shooting incident as "an act of terror and an act of hate" on all Americans. —NB, GMA News

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget