Wednesday, May 24, 2017

No Filipinos hurt in Ariana Grande concert blast —DFA

No Filipinos were harmed in the blast at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester City on Tuesday, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.
"So far, fortunately, no reports of Filipinos among the casualties. Embassy still closely monitoring the situation," DFA acting spokesperson Robespierre Bolivar told GMA News Online.
At least 19 people died in what police believe was an attack by a suicide bomber outside the Manchester Arena, where US singer Ariana Grande performed for an audience that included many teenagers.
The Greater Manchester Police said at least 50 more people were injured in the blast, which took place around 10:33 p.m. Monday (5:33 a.m. in Manila Tuesday).
Parents and friends of concertgoers took to social media to look for their loved ones, mostly minors, who went missing after the blast.
The hashtag #RoomForManchester trended on Twitter to allow concertgoers displaced by the blast to stay with locals including The Holiday Inn in Manchester.
Manchester residents have also used the same hashtag to advertise free lifts home to kids and adults.
The attack came two weeks before an election where conservative Prime Minister Theresa May is predicted by opinion polls to win by a large majority. —ALG, GMA News

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget