Tuesday, May 2, 2017

OFW sent home by Saudi Arabia three times still wants to return

For OFW Angelina Millares, who registered for the amnesty being offered by Saudi Arabia for overstaying and undocumented foreigners, it will be the third time that she will be sent home by the host government.
In an interview with GMA News, Millares said she was sent home by Saudi Arabia officials twice in 2010 for being undocumented. Before that, she had been working in the Kingdom as a beautician for 10 years.
Millares said she allowed to be sent home in 2010 so that she could return to Saudi Arabia and work legally. At that time, Saudi Arabia was also offering amnesty to overstaying and undocumented foreigners.
According to her, she was sent home for the second time when she mistakenly thought she could return to Saudi Arabia eight months after she was sent home for the first time.
She said she did not even get the chance to leave the airport in Jeddah during her arrival before she was ordered to board the plane back to the Philippines.
"Nagulat ako, para lang ako umihi sa pagpunta ko dito, pinabalik agad ako sa Pilipinas. Airport to airport ako," Millares recalled, with amusement.
She said it was during this time that she learned she can return to Saudi Arabia only after five years.

However, when she returned to Saudi Arabia last year, Millares landed a problematic job — one where her employer withheld her salary and won't work for her iqama or residence permit.
Millares said she decided to avail of the 90-day amnesty being offered by Saudi Arabia this year with the blessing of her employer.
"Nang nag-declare ang amnesty sinabi ko sa madam ko na huwag mo na ako pa Iqamahan, hindi ka na ibigay mo na lang sa akin ang sweldo pupunta na ako ng embassy hindi ka na magpi-penalty. Pumayag naman [siya]," she said.
Despite her experiences, Millares still wants to return to Saudi Arabia though not to the same employer. —Ronaldo Concha/KBK, GMA News

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget