Pinay in UAE seeks help for premature baby

A Filipina who gave birth to a baby girl 12 weeks early in the United Arab Emirates is asking for help for her daughter's medical expenses.

Jaidelyn Nacalaban, 26, said her daughter Abigail was born Nov. 11, three months before her due date in February, UAE news site Khaleej Times reported Sunday.

“It is a tough time for me and my husband Stanley. We had made so many plans for our first child but this has left us at a loss. I just want to hold my child close to me just once but I can’t do so because she is very weak,” she said.

She has since approached the Philippine Consulate and hopes for financial help.

“I just want to bring my child home and be able to hug her whenever I want,” she said.

While Abigail was born normally at Dubai Hospital, she had to be kept in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).

Doctors also found Abigail, who weighed a mere 720 grams, had bleeding in her brain while she cannot breathe on her own due to her underdeveloped lungs.

“(A)ll I see is wires, monitors and bandages," said her mother, who works as a secretary while her husband is employed in Abu Dhabi.

Nacalaban said she and her husband have to pay Dh4,000 per day to keep their child in the NICU unit. She said doctors indicated Abigail may have to stay there for three months. —Joel Locsin/KBK, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN

In Cairo, senior Hamas officials discuss hostage deal with Egyptian intelligence chief ---By TOI STAFF, AGENCIES and LAZAR BERMAN