Pakistani arrested for allegedly molesting 10-year-old Pinay in UAE

A Pakistani worker was arrested after a closed-circuit television camera caught him allegedly groping a 10-year-old Filipino girl in a supermarket in the United Arab Emirates, a UAE news site reported Thursday.

The alleged incident occurred last October, while the girl's mother was busy picking fruits and vegetables in Al Jaffliya, UAE news site Gulf News reported.

"I was busy shopping at the fruits and vegetables section and my daughter and seven-year-old boy were present with me. My children were right behind me when my daughter came to me with a pale face," the report quoted the mother as saying.

"She was frightened and quivering. She claimed to me that one of the workers came from behind and touched her indecently. She pointed her finger towards the suspect who was standing nearby," she added.

The worker, 31, allegedly stood behind the Filipina and groped her while her mother was putting fruits and vegetables in the trolley.

On Wednesday, jail wardens did not bring the Pakistani from his detention to produce him before the Dubai Court of First Instance.

Presiding judge Ali Attiyah Sa’ad adjourned the case until the worker is brought from detention on December 24.

Apology

The mother said that when she walked up to him and asked him what he did to her daughter, he apologized.

"Then I asked him why had he apologized if he had not done anything wrong. Then I asked to meet his supervisor and when we checked the surveillance cameras, the footage clearly showed him groping my girl,” the mother said.

Police arrested the defendant after the mother reported the matter.

For her part, the girl said in her prosecution statement that once she felt the defendant groping her, she turned around and spotted the worker removing his hand quickly. —Joel Locsin/KBK, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

UP Diliman Professors Share Scientists’ Procurement Struggles at Senate Hearing

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN