Waiter faces UAE court for allegedly molesting Pinay

A Pakistani waiter faced a United Arab Emirates court for allegedly trying to hug and kiss a Filipina waitress last February.

The supposed incident occurred at 3:30 a.m. while the Filipina was walking home from work, UAE news site Gulf News reported late Saturday.

But the Pakistani, 25, pleaded innocent before the Dubai Court of First Instance on last Thursday.

When judge Urfan Omar asked the suspect if he tried to kiss the complainant, he said, "No, Sir, I did not. I was very drunk and I do not know or remember what happened.”

Prosecutors charged the suspect with trying to molest the waitress while drunk.

He had been accused of walking towards the Filipina, pulling her by her jacket and trying to hug and kiss her, but the Filipina pushed him and ran away.

For her part, the Filipina, 24, told prosecutors the incident occurred while she was on her way home.

She said the suspect blocked her way and did not let her pass.

"Then he grabbed me by my jacket and pulled me towards him, wanting to kiss me. I resisted him and tried to move back... he pulled me again and tore my jacket. I sustained slight injuries when I resisted him. Afterwards I reported the matter to the police,” she said.

Dubai Police forensic examiners confirmed the victim had minor injuries in her palms as she fell to the ground while fighting off the Pakistani.

She also identified the suspect three times at the police line up.

At Thursday’s hearing, the suspect sought mercy. He also admitted in his prosecution statement that he had consumed liquor.

He will remain in custody until a ruling will be heard on April 30.  Joel Locsin/LBG, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

In Cairo, senior Hamas officials discuss hostage deal with Egyptian intelligence chief ---By TOI STAFF, AGENCIES and LAZAR BERMAN

LIST: 21 medicines added to VAT-exempt list Ian Laqui - Philstar.com