Pinay wins $1M in UAE duty-free draw

A Filipina office worker got quite a birthday treat after winning $1 million in a duty-free raffle draw in the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday.

The Filipina won the Dubai Duty Free draw and became its 194th Millennium Millionaire using a ticket bought on her birthday, Gulf News reported.

"My husband and I were shocked at first but we immediately thanked the Lord ... We plan to share the blessings with our family and help those in need," said the 34-year-old Filipina, whose ticket No. 4400 won the prize.

She said she bought the ticket on her birthday on June 6, the third time she bought such a ticket.

A separate report on Khaleej Times identified the Filipina winner as Leah Khamille Sta. Maria. It said the draw was held at the Dubai International Airport.

"It is indeed a huge and pleasant surprise for me and my family. I still can’t believe that I won and it will take time to realize that my family and I are now dollar millionaires. I would like to thank Dubai Duty Free team who made it happen, what an amazing gift to receive for the Holy Month of Ramadan!" she said.   Joel Locsin/LBG, GMA News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POPCOM, gagamit ng ‘digital platforms’ para pagtibayin ang mga ugnayang pampamilya

In Cairo, senior Hamas officials discuss hostage deal with Egyptian intelligence chief ---By TOI STAFF, AGENCIES and LAZAR BERMAN

Biden said set to make push for demilitarized Palestinian state as part of new doctrine ---By LAZAR BERMAN