Starting August 17, Filipinos with immigrant visas will have to register online for their Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and the Peer Counseling Program (PCP) before they can leave the country, the Commission on Filipino Overseas announced Tuesday.
The CFO said the Filipinos may schedule their appointments using the CFO's Reservation and Registration (R&R) Online system through their website or the PDOS reservation site.
According to the CFO, only those with a "confirmed reservation slot and who have accomplished the on-line registration form, with the corresponding barcode reference number" with the confirmed date and time of the PDOS or PCP will be allowed into the programs.
The PDOS is a two-hour seminar required for Filipino emigrants aged 20 to 59, while those aged 13 to 19 are required to attend two PCP sessions.
Each of the following PDOS sessions has 70 slots open every day:
* USA - Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays at 10 a.m. to 12 noon; Tuesdays and Fridays at 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
* Canada - Mondays to Fridays at 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon
* Europe - Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m. to 12 noon
* Australia and New Zealand - Tuesdays and Friday at 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
* Asia - Mondays and Thursdays at 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
PCP sessions are held everyday for all destination countries from Mondays to Fridays, with 25 slots open for the 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. sessions.
A CFO registration sticker will be affixed to the emigrant's passport upon completion of either program, allowing their departure. —Rie Takumi/KBK, GMA News