No Filipinos were reported hurt in the floods that hit eastern Japan and have already left three people dead, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Friday.
Foreign Affairs spokesperson Charles Jose said there were no Filipinos affected by the floodings "in terms of injuries or casualties" though they may have "possibly" been evacuated from their homes.
No exact figures were given on the total number of Filipinos evacuated or rescued in the crisis left by Typhoon Etau earlier this week.
Public broadcaster NHK reported on Friday that 25 people, including two eight-year-old children, were missing in Joso, a city 60 kilometers or 37 miles north of Tokyo.
The nearby Kinugawa river flooded the city's 32 square kilometer (12 square miles) span or 6,500 homes after a levee gave way on Thursday.
An earlier report indicated that more than 100,000 people were forced out of their homes and 800,000 more were advised to evacuate due to the "once in half century rains" sweeping Japan's main island of Honshu. —KBK, GMA News