Monday, September 14, 2015

Palace: No report yet of Filipinos hurt in Mecca crane accident

Malacañang on Saturday said that the Philippine consulate office in Jeddah has yet to receive reports of Filipinos injured in the crane accident in the city of Mecca, where more than 100 people were killed and 238 others injured.
 
"Wala naman pong report so far pa ng mga Pilipinong nadamay o nasaktan doon sa naging aksidente nga sa Mecca," Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said in an interview on state-run radio dzRB before noon Saturday.
 
Valte said that the Philippine consulate office in Jeddah continues to monitor developments on the crane accident at a Grand Mosque in Mecca.
 
A Reuters report said at least 107 people were killed when the crane toppled over the Grance Mosque on Friday.
 
 
"All those who were wounded and the dead have been taken to hospital. There are no casualties left at the location," General Suleiman al-Amr, director general of the Civil Defense Authority, told al-Ikhbariya television.
 
Strong wind and rains had uprooted trees and rocked cranes in the area, he said.
 
A statement by a spokesman for the administration of the mosques in Mecca and Medina said the crane smashed into the part of the Grand Mosque where worshipers circle the Kaaba - the black-clad cube towards which the world's 1.6 billion Muslims face to pray. —ALG, GMA News

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget